Welcome Everyone

Welcome to our Mini Muisus Blog...where you will find the "scoop" of what's going on as we await the arrival of our baby boy. So enjoy your visit, and don't forget to vote for names and due dates.....

Love,
Jared & Shannon

Monday, June 30, 2008

Week 39.5 News..The End of The Beginning

Well…Tuesday, June 24, 2008, Logan Alan Muisus was born. The story that led to his birth that day went something like this….Shannon and I had the weekly doctor’s Appt set up that day at 11:45am. Around 11:20 am, Shannon lost her Mucus Plug….so going to the doctor that day brought something else to look forward to. After the doctor’s office, we both went back to work. Shannon had contractions multiple times since the doctor’s office and they began to be repetitive. Around 5:30 pm, Shannon got home from work, still contracting, every 5-6 minutes to be exact. We were not sure yet to call the doctor. Shannon’s doctor told her weeks back that we should time the contractions. If the contractions are 5 minutes apart for at least an hour-hour and a half. Well it just so happens that Shannon’s doctor was on call that evening…so her getting back to us right away wasn’t her priority at that moment. So finally, I just said “Let’s just go!” We were almost out the door, and the phone rang. It was the Doctor. Shannon spoke to her quickly as the doctor instructed us to get in the car and high tail to RGH.
We arrived at RGH around 7 pm. I now stopped documenting the contractions, because they take it from here. Shannon’s contractions were fluctuating from 3 to 4 to 5 minutes apart. She was in a lot of pain…. I was giving her as much support as I could…almost too much as she yelled at me once because I messed up her breathing pattern. I know now for next time…I hope. Shannon was dialated 3 centimeters when we arrived at Triage. Triage is where we were for a good hour. The nurses instructed us to get up and walk the halls for another hour. Stopping at every corner of the hospital halls, we took it easy and made our way back to the Triage area. Shannon was checked again for dialation. 5 centimeters this time…as the nurses said, “Alright, let’s get you to a room.” My eyes lit up as she said that, b/c we weren’t leaving now as Shannon and I, but as a family now. Shannon was now just waiting for the newbane, a pain killer that makes you feel like you had a few drinks. At that time she also wanted an epidural. 45 minutes later we get to the birthing suite, where we will be to the end of the hospital stay. Once there, the nurses checked her dialation again, 9 Centimeters…WOW, we went from 5 centimeters to 9 centimeters in less than an hour. Shannon was screaming for her epidural, and everyone in the room knew it was too late for one except Shannon. So we all played it off. At this time it was 9:30 pm. 10 centimeters was among us, and the water hasn’t broke yet. From there, everything happened so fast… pushing lasted about an hour. In that hour, Shannon’s mom showed up and my parents, and my brother. My side of the family stayed in the doorway as Shannon’s mom was in the room with us. In the room was Shannon’s mom, Myself, Doc, a Midwife, and a nurse. At 11:23 pm on June 24th, 2008; Logan Alan Muisus was born. A beautiful looking baby boy. Shannon did so wonderful as did everyone else. I will never forget that moment when the doctor assisted on pulling him out and turned him towards Shannon and I , then he peed. He peed all over the place. I got to cut the umbilical cord, and after that, Logan was brought to the other side of the room where the curtain divided it. Shannon was getting sowed up on one side, and Logan was getting cleaned up on the other side.

1 comment:

Joel and Angela said...

What a beautiful story! I especially like the part about you not leaving as "Shannon and I, but as a family". I almost teared, and I don't even know you.